Blast & Vac Dustless Blasting System
Our Blast & Vac systems provide dust free blast cleaning which is ideal for the removal of hazardous coatings, or for blast cleaning sensitive areas where dust and debris are not permitted. While the blasting process is slower than open blasting the savings in dust containment time and cost often make this the ideal solution, even for non-hazardous coating removal.
- Totally Dust Free Abrasive Blasting
- The Blast N' Vac recovers abrasive and residue AS IT BLASTS
- Allows continuous blast cleaning without escape of Dust or Residue to the surrounding area.
- No mess - no contamination - no clearing up
- Enables continuous blasting in confined areas
- Works both horizontally & vertically
- 100% air powered - as easy to use on site as in the factory.
- Reliable - no moving parts
- Works with any type of abrasive for use on all surfaces
- Ideal for removal of lead paint, asbestos and other toxic coatings & operation in sensitive areas.
- Fully adjustable blasting pressure from 15 to 100 psi.
- The blasting heads can be used up to 50m and even 100m away from the rest of the equipment.
- While blasting the system continually vacuums and contains the used media, removed coatings, dangerous surface contaminants and toxic waste.
- Allows the blasting to take place in areas where no other blast cleaning methods would be acceptable.
- Can be purchased as a complete system with a variable pressure blast pot, work heads and the entire vacuum recovery system.
- OR As a package to bolt on to your existing blast pot.
- The Blast & Vac operates with an action of propelling very find particles of abrasive at the surface which penetrate deep in to the cracks and indentations. This cleans all residue thoroughly, vacuuming all abrasive, cement residue and fibres away from the surface which are then collected within the system.
- The Blast & Vac not only reduces airborne fibres but leaves the surface truly clean. Compared with manual cleaning methods it is fast, productive and efficient.
- Blast pressure and speed can be varied to suit all substrates. This allows steel to be left totally, paint, rust free and cleaned to "white metal" in one action.
- On brick, block work and concrete - paint and coatings can be removed and the operators choice of a very fine layer or much greater depth of substrate removed in one action.
Key system components
- The used abrasive is collected in the work head from where it is transferred to the dry collection drum. Heavy abrasive is collected in this drum and dust and fines are then carried over into either a coalescing water filter or a reverse jet cartridge dry filter. Clean air is then exhausted through the vacuum generator and silencer to atmosphere. HEPA filters can also be fitted to achieve very high levels of filtration.
- The Blast & Vac system incorporates a special blast pot with a pressure regulator and an air operated abrasive metering valve.
- Refer to the BNR System which incorporates a dry cartridge filter system instead of the coalescing water filter.
- A HEPA filtration system can also be provided to give an additional level of extra fine filtration.
- Selection of Blast Head Shapes / Sizes to suit each application.
Blast and vac case studies
- Extensively used and specified for contracts on occupied high rise blocks of both brick and concrete construction, in particular for use in Concrete Repair contracts.
- Used on steel pipework within the Channel Tunnel, has been used in the Mersey Tunnel and many other internal pipework / tunnelling contracts.
- Widely used by Asbestos Removal contractors for the removal and containerization of Asbestos Dust.
- Used throughout the country to remove, and contain for disposal, lead paint from Royal Mail Post Boxes.
- Used for the removal of lead paint from Railtrack Structures.
- Used on contracts in Chemical Works, Food Processing Plants and Water Treatment Works, where dust and residue cannot be allowed to contaminate surrounds.
- Ideal for the removal of grime or any surface coating in public areas/ bridges spanning open roads and the interior of occupied buildings.
- Asbestos Removal
- Ideal for the removal of fine, cement type residues, especial on rough/uneven surfaces, such as ARTEX. Such coatings embed themselves within surface cracks and blemishes. Scraping and Wire Brushing serve only to pass across the tops of such defects.